Call for Applications for Google Season of Docs 2024 (FILLED)

Since the first Google Season of Docs (GSoD) in 2019, the INCF network has served as a mentoring organization providing mentors from the neuroinformatics community.

Before the organization applications are due, we are soliciting ideas for projects that are aligned with INCF community activities.

For more information, check out our GSoD blog post!

Hi @greg_incf ,

I noticed that INCF has been selected for Google Season of Docs 2024, and I came across the project “Streamlining the BIDS Online Presence - Brain Imaging Data Structure.” I’m very interested in this project as I believe I have the relevant experience required to make a meaningful contribution. I’m eager to delve deeper into this opportunity. Could you kindly provide guidance on the next steps?

I’ve read the attached blog post on the GSOD site here, but I didn’t find much information about the application process. It’s mentioned that we need to contact mentors via NeuroStars, so I’m using this to reach out to you. could you please guide me through the application process?

Thank you for your assistance.

CC : @Remi-Gau , Eric Earl, and Christine Rogers

UPDATE: Please note that as of April 15 2024 the BIDS project is fully staffed and the admins are not inviting further applications.

Thanks to all writers who contacted us about participating in Google Season of Docs with INCF and the Brain Imaging Data Standard (BIDS).

We appreciate the enthusiastic interest in the project from the neuroinformatics community and look forward to more opportunities in future years to work together.

Christine Rogers
INCF - BIDS project co-lead

Special thanks to @Abhijay_jain for your interest and inquiry –