GSoC 2020 project idea 21: Automated comparison of scientific methods for time-series analysis

@ben.fulcher it is going to be very difficult to work with marionette backbone bower etc cause they are quite outdated ,i get to face many problem even working with bower as it asked me to update the project to yarn. and even if we make now with these technologies they are not going to get a better support work in future . Instead we can start from scratch and take this project to a descent looking but perfectly working web-portal which will be future proof, for that we can work with something like django or node.js. I also wants to urge all participant of this project what do you think about this .?
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. Iā€™m open to all suggestions, but it would be major downside to end up with two projects that have diverted (using inconsistent technologies), hindering future development. I would hope that these would be two halves of the same CompEngine project that share as much front/backend machinery as possible.

1 Like

Hi @malin , @ben.fulcher
Iā€™m Imran Ali a 3rd year CSE student from NIT Durgapur, India.
After lots of search I found this project is very interesting and perfect fit for me. Iā€™m working on python, data analysis and visualization and web development.
currently, I am looking forward to contributing to open source.
can i please tell me a example of two python library function, like these two functions are comparable, so that i can understand how the users code/function can be compared with existing functions/methods. Also how 'uniqueness score; can be calculated ?
Any suggestion will be helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Imran and welcome to neurostars! Please first look through the responses I have made above in this topicā€”the resources you are looking for should be there (including much discussion of computing a uniqueness score). If you are still missing something, let me know.

@ben.fulcher iā€™m not able to find the backend compengine .
plz provide me the link
thanks

Please examine the posts above

@Salmankhancodes You have mentioned in response to my query above that i need to setup the configuration setting in order to setup Compengine on my localmachine but i am not able to figure out which specific settings i need to configure. I am stuck on

Cannot GET/

Will you please help me.?

1. In ā€˜server/build/ā€™ there is a file ā€˜front-end setting.jsā€™ fill all the values required by the GLOBALS variable like apiendpoints, Maxpanel token, versions etc.

2. Then in ā€˜server-settings.jsonā€™ file by default the ā€˜documentRoot ā€˜ is set to ā€œā€¦/distributeā€, so change it according to your folder structure.

**Make sure you have already installed all the dependencies

I hope this helps
Thanks

1 Like

It worked !!
Thanksā€¦

1 Like