GSoC 2021 Project Idea 22.1: Cognitive Neuroscience Experiments with Mobile EEG Neurotechnology

Hello @John_Griffiths and @mhough ,

My name is Michaela, and I am a first-year PhD student at Colorado State University in Deana Davalos’ lab. My previous research has been investigating the effects of video games on cognitive control using EEG/ERPs. I’m currently shifting into using EEG/ERPs to examine how affect and mood disorders interact with cognitive abilities, and how cognitive health can be supported using technology.

I am very interested in your EEG-Notebooks project and I would love to be involved. I have a strong background in data analysis, EEG, and behavioural/psychological experiments, and this would be an excellent opportunity for me expand upon my coding and brain-computer interface skills. In particular, I have experience with EEG/ERPs, MatLab, SPSS, and R, and I’m looking to gain experience in Python and other coding languages.

I am looking forward to sending you my CV and submitting my proposal statement. Thank you so much for your time and for this opportunity!

Best,
Michaela

Great to hear from you Michaela. Looking forward to seeing your proposal draft.

A quick note to people who expressed interest in this project last year - we are listing it again this year :slight_smile:

Applications open now until April 14th!

Best,

j