GSoC 2021 Project Idea 26.1: Eye-tracker based on a convolutional neural network in Python + TensorFlow/Pytorch

Hiii…!!

I’m Vedarutvija and I have keen interest in this project, I’m a Data science and Artificial intelligence student at Icfai University. I read about open source recently(in this month) and did a lot of research and finally landed over here. I would love to contribute to this organization and participate in GSoc 2021, I’m here for learning and exploring so I wish to contribute as much as I can despite getting selected.

I have worked on pedestrian detection project using TensorFlow and CNN. It will be great if you guide me making a proposal on this! @suresh.krishna

Thank you.

Hi @suresh.krishna,
I have submitted the first draft. Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

Respected Sir @suresh.krishna & @arnab1896 , I am a sophomore CS student and a developer. I had an excellent idea to propose regarding the problems with the app and a good way to proceed. Please guide me on how do I contact you before starting to write the actual proposal.

Hello @suresh.krishna sir !
I am Prayushi Mathur, pursuing masters degree at IIIT-Hyderabad. I have worked on projects with ISRO and Government Of India. Am I late to start with my proposal for GSoC? I have been working in deep learning from the past 3 years. I would like your to move further with the desktop version on tensorflow. Does it work?

Hi @suresh.krishna, would the estimation of eye-position that take the time series of the previously estimated position come under the minimum set of deliverables of this project?

@Prayushi9 , no, not late at all… as long as you have a proposal by the end-date. And moving forward with the desktop version on tensorflow certainly works as a first step.

@Nidhi397 welcome… no, no too late at all.

@siddharthc30 Not sure whether the phrase “minimum set of deliverables” comes from some recommendation for proposal writing… but sure, it is an important goal… does this help ?

@yaashwardhan You could submit it as a draft proposal… to get feedback.

@vedarutvija welcome. please go through the description above and all the comments below and if you have further questions, please ask here.

Yeah I meant it from a proposal template perspective provided by the organisation.

1 Like

Hey @arnab1896, had a quick logistics question. In the GSoC draft submission, this project is not explicitly provided in the INCF proposal tag list. While submitting, I chose other_project as the tag. That’s fine right?

@DSSR , as long as the project mentors are aware that you are submitting a draft proposal, the tag shouldn’t matter much. Other_project is fine. No issues :+1: Just ensure you don’t put tag of some other project (like DEVOWORM etc.).

Hello @suresh.krishna and @arnab1896 sir!
I have submitted my first draft of the proposal under the ‘other_project’ INCF proposal tag as no other tag is availlable. Please have a look at my proposal draft as soon as possible.
Waiting for your comments on the same.

Hi @suresh.krishna, I have sent you the first draft of my proposal, looking forward to hearing the feedback from you :smiley:

Should we expect the feedback on our draft proposal before the deadline? @suresh.krishna

@alen @siddharthc30 @Prayushi9

I will send you the feedback today.

I’ve submitted my proposal as well.
Me too please!

1 Like

@suresh.krishna haven’t received any comments yet. Hope to hear from you soon!

@Ritacheta_Das @DSSR @alen @Prayushi9 Sorry for the delay, working on it right now.

1 Like

Hello @all.

My name is Bardh Rushiti and I am entering Graduate studies in the US soon. I have been working for a US-based company in the healthcare telecommunication industry and have a solid background for all computer vision, deep learning (TensorFlow), Python skills with 2+ years of experience.

I am prepping my proposal, which I will submit by the later part of the day, but I was having trouble accessing the data in the https://gazecapture.csail.mit.edu/ link. I read that others had problem accessing it - did you manage to solve it?

Dear @suresh.krishna I have also submitted my application for draft review - I would really appreciate it if you could give it a look.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

The issue is solved now… see above. Welcome :slight_smile:

I didn’t get any feedback on my draft proposal. Hope to hear as soon as possible as the deadline is at the door.