Dear @all,
It has been a pleasure to follow this thread since March, and I want to thank everyone for the depth of engagement throughout the proposal phase. The level of scientific rigour you each brought to the discussion around directed causality, eigenvalue stability, and the limits of static functional connectivity was exactly the kind of community thinking this project deserves.
I am pleased to share that we are now officially in the GSoC 2026 coding phase. The community bonding period was spent productively—the selected contributor and I have had extensive scientific discussions to sharpen the methodological foundations of the project, refine the clinical validation protocol across the AUD, ADNI, and Epilepsy cohorts, and ensure the mathematical architecture is grounded in the kind of physical validity this project has always aimed for. I am satisfied with both the scientific direction and the momentum heading into the coding phase.
The primary clinical validation work will begin in the 2nd week of June, and I look forward to sharing results with this community in due course.
For those who remain interested in the project — whether to follow progress, ask technical questions, or eventually contribute — I would encourage you to move the conversation to the project’s GitHub Discussions board, which is now the active home for all technical dialogue:
https://github.com/TheRoy666/NeuroSim/discussions
Contributions to the codebase will be welcome from July 2026 onwards, once the GSoC core architecture has stabilised. Until then, the discussions board is the right place to engage.
Thank you again to this community for making the proposal phase such a rich scientific exchange.
Best,
Dr. Khushbu Agarwal