1-year Master research programme at UCL Brain Sciences followed by PhD opportunities

UCL Brain Sciences has extended its application deadline until 28 August 2020 for the 1-year Master research programme. Located in central London UK, UCL has constantly ranked among the top 5 world-leading research universities in the field of neuroscience according to US News and QS World University Rankings.

The 1-year programme is ideal for students with diverse / quantitative backgrounds (e.g. engineering, computer science, psychology, biology etc) who would like to get into computational and systems neuroscience field. The first semester (3 months) will primarily be a combination of lectures, seminars, and journal clubs, independent and collaborative problem-based tasks. The following 9-month will be primarily a supervised empirical research project (see example below) that culminates in a dissertation in the form of a journal article and an oral examination. There is also opportunity for sponsored PhD study afterwards.

More detailed information and application instruction can be accessed here. If you are interested in applying or having any questions, please feel free to contact me (Jennifer.Sun@ucl.ac.uk) or the programme director Dr Jacqueline van der Spuy ( mresbrainsciences@ucl.ac.uk).

3 Likes

Is it funded as I found the cost of the course 28,000 GBP?

Hi Hosam, the tuition for is not covered as you don’t have to have any commitment for any research advisors. Also, if you are a UK/EU resident, the tuition is £15,050 instead of £28,930. Also, it is very possible to choose a mentor for Master thesis and continue your PhD research, which is usually sponsored ( at least my lab will).

1 Like

Great, Thanks for your response