A question about tCompCor components (top 5% variable voxels within a mask covering the subcortical regions)

Dear experts and users
I need to perform analysis with “tCompCor components are then calculated from the top 5% variable voxels within a mask covering the subcortical regions.”, however, the html file reports this “tCompCor components are then calculated from the top 2% variable voxels within the brain mask”.
So how can i fix this to get top 5% voxels with subcortical regions NOT the brain.
Here is my script: fmriprep-docker /home/xx/bids/ /home/xx/bids/derivatives participant --participant-label xx --fs-licnese-file /home/xx/license.txt --nprocs 32 -t xx --use-aroma

Thanks
Best regards.
rujing

Hi @rujing,

Based on some of the discussion here (https://github.com/nipreps/fmriprep/issues/2129) it looks like the behavior of tCompcor was changed in fmriprep to match the originally described method. I am guessing whatever study you are referencing or trying to replicate is using an older version of fmriprep. There is no flag in fmriprep to change this behavior.

Best,
Steven

Hi @Steven
Thanks very much.
Best regards
rujing