ABCD Study: KSADS diagnoses for mood disorders at baseline missing?

I am trying to visualize values of the mood disorder KSADS data elements from the structures ‘abcd_ksad01’ (parent report) and ‘abcd_ksad501’ (youth report). While I am able to read in the values for any of the symptoms, such as ‘ksads_1_5_t’ being Symptom - Anhedonia, Present, when I do the same for any of the mood disorder diagnoses, such as ‘ksads_1_840_t’ being Diagnosis - Major Depressive Disorder Present, I only get ‘nan’ values. Could someone help me make sense of this?

Hello dclb,
I came across the exact same issue recently. It seems very confusing - data on depression is almost the only type of data that went completely missing. Have you figured it out?

You can try asking here: Discussions · now-i-know-my-abcd/docs · GitHub

hi there!

while i don’t know if i am correct about this, from my understanding the study creators had to change the diagnostic criteria for some of the diagnoses, including MDD, which led to those fields being set to nan for now. i would be curious to know when they will be updated. see p.11 in this document: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.05.21260023v1.full.pdf

let me know what you think!

best,
debbie