About the GSoC category

This is the workspace for the INCF Google Summer of Code ( GSoC ) as well as Google Season of Docs projects.

You can read more about INCF GSoC here Google Summer of Code | INCF

6 Likes

Hello incf Community!

I’m Priyanshu, currently a third-year student pursuing an Integrated Dual Degree in CSE and AI at RGIPT. Excited to embark on my open-source journey with the incf community for GSoC 2024!

My background includes impactful contributions to projects like robust person re-identification using TensorFlow and PyTorch, focusing on diverse lighting conditions. Additionally, I’ve worked on an AI-driven legal document simplification project, applying NLP techniques for enhanced readability.

Proficient in languages such as C++, Python, and SQL, with hands-on experience in AWS services, I’m eager to bring my skills to the incf community. Looking forward to collaborating, learning, and making a meaningful impact together!

1 Like

Hey there,
Is this the place where all talks related to gsoc and generally other contributions take place , or is there any other slack or gitter channel, i couldnt find any.
I am looking forward to contributing to incf .
Thanks

Does INSC opened application for Mentors for GSoC’24?

Hey @greg_incf & INCF Community,

This is Pranay Agrawal, a pre-final year student at National Institute of Technology, Raipur. I am looking forward to contributing to open source this year with INCF.
I have contributed to open source in the fields of machine learning and deep learning. Some of my prominent projects include Surface defect detection, which was designed for steel industries using OpenCV and PyTorch. This was also presented in the Techfest of NIT Raipur and paper presentation event with IEEE in IIT Kharagpur. I have also worked on voice classification during my research internship at ISB.
I am looking forward to learning, collaborate and grow with the community.

Hi Priya, yes, this is the main forum related to GSoC. All of our project ideas are now posted individually in the GSoC category, so feel free to take a look at the available projects and reach out to the mentors with interest or questions!

Hi there, yes INCF has been accepted as a mentor organization for GSoC 2024, although mentor applications are closed. The current phase is for contributors to apply to mentors for the projects they are interested in.

Hello everyone!

I am Sorin Birchi, currently in my second year of a four years programme in Automatic Control and Computer Science at National University of Science and Technology Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. I look forward to work on my first open-source project with individuals who are passionate about AI.

My experience in the AI field began last year when I started to do challenges on Kaggle and has grown until this day, where I now know how to work with TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, and YOLO frameworks." Last summer I participated in a summer school dedicated to machine learning and deep learning and I learned a lot of things there. I also managed to work on a vocal assistant with my mentors and now I want to sharpen my skills.

I am proficient in C/C++, Python, MySQL, and MongoDB. I have worked with various virtualization and containerization technologies such as Docker and Vagrant. Currently, I am teaching a Python course at my University through a CISCO program, and I am dedicated to continuous learning.

Looking forward to collaborate with members from community and also to learn more!

Hello, I’m Karen Fifi NKILI OBELE. I’m studying computer engineering at the African Informatics Institutes (IAI) in Gabon.

I’ve learned Java and Python, and I also have some knowledge of HTML, PHP, C, Caml, and Scheme. Furthermore, I’ve studied various Database Management Systems (DBMS) like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.

I started learning Python because I aspire to become a Data Scientist. I’m familiar with Numpy, and I’m currently watching tutorials on Pandas to expand my skills.

Likewise, I’m looking forward to contributing and collaborating with this community, and I’m excited to learn more. Thank you!