Beginner problems with HCP Connectome Workbench (Julich Brain Atlas)

Hello,

I’m trying to emulate Fig3 from Morowetz 2020 in workbench, using the same atlas they used (SPM toolbox, Julich Brain Atlas). I have done the workbench scene tutorials (v1.5) and read some of the command line tutorial (v.083). I believe I need to convert convert the volumetric Julich Brain atlas to a CIFTI *.dlabel.nii file.

First, I created two *.shape.gii files and merged them into a CIFTI.

# L/R hemisphere
wb_command -volume-to-surface-mapping .\julich\julichbrain.nii .\Q1-Q6_R440.R.midthickness.32k_fs_LR.surf.gii ./julichR.shape.gii -trilinear
# repeated for left hemisphere

#  creating a CIFTI
 wb_command -cifti-create-dense-scalar out.dscalar.nii -left-metric .\julichL.shape.gii -right-metric .\julichR.shape.gii

Then, I tried “volume-label-import”, but I’m met with an error, ERROR: label list file is malformed for entry #1: ROIid;ROIabbr;ROIname,

wb_command -cifti-label-import out.dscalar.nii .\julich\julichbrain.csv JuBrain.dlabel.nii

I can reformat the csv of labels to <label ID> <label Name>, but based on this post, it seems that I also have to assign RGBA colors to all the labels in my list. Is there a way around this? There are ~200 ROIs that I’d have to color code.

Additionally, is there a more direct way to go from the julich atlas to a dlabel? Is there a way to only load in the areas of interest from the label file?

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray: