- INCF is accepted as a Google Seasons of Docs (GSoD) organization & BIDS-Apps is listed as one of the projects (see the proposal - project #10)
- GSoD is a program sponsored by Google to bring open source communities closer to the technical writer community. The purpose of this program is to generate or enhance documentation for designated projects.
- May 11 to June 8 is an exploration phase for the professional technical writers who will bring a unique skillset to the project and collaborate independently.
- June 9 to July 9 is the technical writer application phase for submitting proposals to participate in the Google Season of Docs.
Proposed goals for the GSoD project
- Guide the community through packaging a pipeline (e.g python/R script) into a BIDS-App
- Guide the community through running a docker/singularity image
- Guides will be constructed for a non-technical audience
- Enhance user pathway for finding help on building and running Apps
Who are you?
- Collaborative and comfortable interacting with our community members online
- Able to breakdown technical details for a non-technical audience
- Able to clearly convey complex ideas
- Able to consider multiple user profiles
- Interest in documenting the process of packaging pipelines into a container
- Knowledge of: docker, singularity, software packaging, tutorial writing
Tips for constructing your proposal
Please consider your response to the two questions below. These can help form your project proposal.
Please generate a set of proposed guides/deliverables you would be interested in writing and how you envision the design of this. Please be sure to connect these proposed deliverables with how your previous experience has prepared you to write these documents.
What do you think we can improve in our current documentation implementation and how would you approach resolving these?
Learning about the project
BIDS-Apps project webpage containing our current tutorials: http://bids-apps.neuroimaging.io
BIDS-Apps github: https://github.com/BIDS-Apps/bids-apps.github.io
BIDS project webpage: http://bids.neuroimaging.io
Existing BIDS documentation: https://bids-specification.readthedocs.io
BIDS Specification GitHub: https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-specification
For any questions or clarifications please email Franklin (email@example.com)
Good luck on your proposals!