BIDS Error 1: [Code 1] NOT_INCLUDED

Hi,

I’m getting this error for most of my file names but I can’t see what needs to be changed, here’s an example of some:

sub-M2ID-10040_T1w.json
sub-M2ID-10040_T1w.nii.gz
sub-M2ID-10040_defacemask.nii.gz
sub-M2ID-10040_face_likability_ratings.tsv
sub-M2ID-10040_fieldmap_task-emotion-regulation_magnitude1.nii.gz
sub-M2ID-10040_fieldmap_task-emotion-regulation_phasediff.nii.gz
sub-M2ID-10040_task-EmotionalReactivityAndRecovery_run-1_bold.nii.gz
sub-M2ID-10040_task-EmotionalReactivityAndRecovery_run-1_events.tsv

Thank you in advance!
Phoenix

Hello,

Few things should be changed:

1. the sub label should not have a dash in it
  2. defacemask and behavioral data are not specified in bids. behavioral data should be moved to the “sourcedata” folder, and if you want to keep the defacemask you should specify that in a .bidsignore file, so validator can ignore it.
    3 the field map is not named properly.
    sub-[_ses-][_acq-][_run-]_magnitude1.json
    sub-[_ses-][_acq-][_run-]_magnitude1.nii[.gz]
    sub-[_ses-][_acq-][_run-]_magnitude2.json
    sub-[_ses-][_acq-][_run-]_magnitude2.nii[.gz]
    sub-[_ses-][_acq-][_run-]_phasediff.json
    sub-[_ses-][_acq-][_run-]_phasediff.nii[.gz]

Hi Steven,

Thank you very much for your response. I’m still getting this error for the following filenames:
sub-M2ID10040_ses-1_acq-diff_run-1_phasediff.nii.gz
sub-M2ID10040_ses-1_acq-fmri_run-1_magnitude1.nii.gz

How should I go about correcting this?

Thanks again!
Phoenix

Glad we’re making progress! Are those the only two field map files you have? If so, they should be paired with each other and not put with different acq labels. I don’t know what your full dataset is like so I can’t say for sure, but one of the both of the following may work:

1. make sure the fieldmap data is in a subject’s fmap folder, and not func or dwi even if the fmap is associated with them
  2. try removing the acq label so the magnitude and phase diff images will be associated with each other

Just a note in case you weren’t aware, regardless of what you call the fmap, many softwares such as fMRIPrep will not associate an fmap file with a scan unless it is included in the fmap JSON’s IntendedFor field.

Yes, these are the only fmap files I have for this participant. Unfortunately, I’m still experiencing the same errors when taking on your suggestions. These filenames in particular seem to be the source of most of my errors… Could it be impacted by the fact I don’t appear to have any .JSON files?

Thank you for your help!