BIDS format: [CODE1]NOT_INCLUDED

Hello,

I have tried to follow bids format for the field maps that I have acquired for my task-fmri data. To my knowledge I have followed the specifications, however when I use the BIDS validator, it identifies all 256 _epi files with errors. Could you please highlight my error in the naming convention of these files? I have attached an example of the the Error output from the BIDS validator below. Many thanks.

Error 1: [Code 1] NOT_INCLUDED
Files with such naming scheme are not part of BIDS specification. This error is most commonly caused by typos in file names that make them not BIDS compatible. Please consult the specification and make sure your files are named correctly. If this is not a file naming issue (for example when including files not yet covered by the BIDS specification) you should include a “.bidsignore” file in your dataset . Please note that derived (processed) data should be placed in /derivatives folder and source data (such as DICOMS or behavioural logs in proprietary formats) should be placed in the /sourcedata folder.]

sub-01_task-fogplank_dir-down_run-01_epi.json** **0.972 KB | application/json

bids/sub-01/fmap/sub-01_task-fogplank_dir-down_run-01_epi.json

Reason:
Files with such naming scheme are not part of BIDS specification. This error is most commonly caused by typos in file names that make them not BIDS compatible. Please consult the specification and make sure your files are named correctly. If this is not a file naming issue (for example when including files not yet covered by the BIDS specification) you should include a “.bidsignore” file in your dataset. Please note that derived (processed) data should be placed in /derivatives folder and source data (such as DICOMS or behavioural logs in proprietary formats) should be placed in the /sourcedata folder.

Evidence:
sub-01_task-fogplank_dir-down_run-01_epi.json

As per specification fmap/*_epi files need to follow the following naming convention:

sub-<label>[_ses-<session_label>][_acq-<label>]_dir-<dir_label>[_run-<run_index>]_epi.json

task keyword is not allowed. You need to use

sub-01_dir-down_run-01_epi.json

file name and use the IntendedFor field inside the JSON to specify which bold file this fieldmap data should be used for.

Thanks for clarifying that, however how do I have the task and rest run-01 files differentiated? The files names will be the same for these fieldmaps?

Thanks

From the specs about fieldmaps

Multiple fieldmaps can be stored. In such case the “ _run-1 ”, “ _run-2 ” should be used. The optional
“ acq- ” key/value pair corresponds to a custom label the user may use to distinguish different set of
parameters.

So AFAIU for example you can use run-01 for task and run-02 for rest and specify which fieldmap goes to which bold runs in the .json file.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes