BIDS format Errors

Dear all

First of all it is nice that i found this forum i can see very interested topics.

I am trying to upload my first BIDS dataset in openneuro and i face some difficulties so I would like to ask your help.

I receive the following error with the READMe file (and in the warnings is mentioned that that readme file is not there…)

"Location:

/README.txt

FILE METADATA:

1.114 KB | text/plain

REASON:

Files with such naming scheme are not part of BIDS specification. This error is most commonly caused by typos in file names that make them not BIDS compatible. Please consult the specification and make sure your files are named correctly. If this is not a file naming issue (for example when including files not yet covered by the BIDS specification) you should include a “.bidsignore” file in your dataset (see https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-validator#bidsignore for details). Please note that derived (processed) data should be placed in /derivatives folder and source data (such as DICOMS or behavioural logs in proprietary formats) should be placed in the /sourcedata folder.

EVIDENCE:

README.txt"

Thank you in advance for your help

Hi @chrichat,

Thanks for the question. I believe your issue here is that your file should be called README, not README.txt. This is described in the Dataset description section of the specification.

Best,
Chris