BIDS Naming Scheme Incorrect But Appears Consistent

Hello,

I have a dataset I am trying to convert to BIDS format but I am receiving an error when I attempt to BIDS validate the dataset:

"sub-01_ses-1_task-feedback_run-1_bold.json3.53 KB | application/json
BIDS_Feedback/sub-01/func/sub-01_ses-1_task-feedback_run-1_bold.json

Reason:
Files with such naming scheme are not part of BIDS specification. This error is most commonly caused by typos in file names that make them not BIDS compatible. Please consult the specification and make sure your files are named correctly. If this is not a file naming issue (for example when including files not yet covered by the BIDS specification) you should include a “.bidsignore” file in your dataset (see https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-validator#bidsignore for details). Please note that derived (processed) data should be placed in /derivatives folder and source data (such as DICOMS or behavioural logs in proprietary formats) should be placed in the /sourcedata folder.

Evidence:
sub-01_ses-1_task-feedback_run-1_bold.json"

It says that this is not consistent with BIDS naming scheme. However, the BIDS naming scheme for functional runs is:

sub-[_ses-]_task-[_acq-][_ce-][_dir-][_rec-][_run-][echo-]<contrast_label>.nii[.gz]

Whereas mine is:

sub-01_ses-1_task-feedback_run-1_bold

Could someone help me out and let me know where I’m going wrong here? It’s really simple but not sure what I’m missing here.

Hi @Jacob_Elder,

Thank you for your question! May you please try to create a ses folder one level above func? So the path would be sub-01/ses-1/func/<file name>.json. I think the error is presented because it is looking for a ses folder because you specified the ses-01

Thank you,
Franklin

2 Likes