BidsValidator Error when running fmriprep although browser bids-validator was succseful

I am running fmriprep using singularity on a directory that passed bids-validator successfully.
However, I get the following error:

Making sure the input data is BIDS compliant (warnings can be ignored in most cases).
	1: [ERR] Files with such naming scheme are not part of BIDS specification. This error is most commonly caused by typos in file names that make them not BIDS compatible. Please consult the specification and make sure your files are named correctly. If this is not a file naming issue (for example when including files not yet covered by the BIDS specification) you should include a ".bidsignore" file in your dataset (see https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-validator#bidsignore for details). Please note that derived (processed) data should be placed in /derivatives folder and source data (such as DICOMS or behavioural logs in proprietary formats) should be placed in the /sourcedata folder. (code: 1 - NOT_INCLUDED)

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/miniconda/bin/fmriprep", line 11, in <module>
        sys.exit(main())
      File "/usr/local/miniconda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fmriprep/cli/run.py", line 354, in main
        validate_input_dir(exec_env, opts.bids_dir, opts.participant_label)
      File "/usr/local/miniconda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fmriprep/cli/run.py", line 535, in validate_input_dir
        subprocess.check_call(['bids-validator', bids_dir, '-c', temp.name])
      File "/usr/local/miniconda/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 341, in check_call
        raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
    subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['bids-validator', <bids_dir>, '-c', '/tmp/tmpz08798zu']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
    Sentry is attempting to send 1 pending error messages

What might be the reason?

It should have listed a file that caused the error. Can you provide the whole output?

And what version of fMRIPrep are you using?

OK thanks I see it now, it was the license file , added it to .bidsignore and re-launched, looking good for now - will update if any new error pops

1 Like