Building an EEG sensor. Need help! with resources or just talk to someone who has done it before

Hi! I am trying to build an EEG device and wanted to speak to someone who has already done so! I’m looking for the device to be professional grade so as to carry out research experiments in the lab.

If someone has any resources or contacts of someone who has done it before that would be life saving, thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Ramya,

I haven’t built a professional-grade EEG, but I did an EMG/EEG project with an INA118 instrumentation amplifier for an electronics course. When I was working on it, I found OpenEEG and Instructables: DIY EEG (and ECG) Circuit pages are quite useful.
Also, OpenBCI have a community page, where you may ask EEG-related questions as well.

Best,

1 Like

Hi Ramya,

I too built an EEG with INA118, I based my design off of this paper.

This first 3 op-amps are included in the INA118 so it’s quite straight forward to build. This circuit had portability and size in mind so the signal quality may not be what you’re looking for, though in my experience it was sufficient for lower frequency signals (<10 Hz). I’ve also used OpenBCI and can attest its quality, so that may be a better reference if you want a cleaner signal.

Hope that helps, good luck!

1 Like