I’ve noticed a difference (items missing) in the CHANGES file for snapshot 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 for the dataset. If you check the file for 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 there’s a gap between 1.0.0 and the current version. For all the other version the CHANGES file seems to incorporate all the lines , for example.
Could you please let me know where does the problem come from ? In our local version of the dataset we have always kept the CHANGES with the complete history with each upload.
Second point, there are fields that can be added as changes when requesting a snapshot. What’s the difference between the changes entered using the webpage and the CHANGES file uploaded with the dataset? What information is taken into account by the system by changes log ?
Thank you for raising this! It appears during the appending of the CHANGES file the history was erroneously crossed. A potential fix may be to bring the CHANGES up to the intended v1.0.5 then patch release the updated CHANGES file.
The system is taking into account the changes identified on the snapshot screen and apending this information to the CHANGES files (like it did for the previous versions). The preferred route is to report CHANGES on the snapshot screen.
Thanks for the quick response.
Since the system doesn’t seem to take into account the info in the CHANGES file in the local folder of the dataset that would mean that we don’t need to add a CHANGES file in our dataset and the file is generated by the system when creating the snapshot ?
Is there a way to fix the CHANGES file for the next snapshot?
This problem seems to be present in other datasets. For example here https://openneuro.org/datasets/ds002837/versions/1.0.1/file-display/CHANGES and https://openneuro.org/datasets/ds002837/versions/1.0.2/file-display/CHANGES
Correct and the contents would be the changelog messages inputted on the snapshot screen. A fix can be to upload the CHANGES file you would like to report (leaving off the changes for the next release - this will be captured during the snapshot phase).
Thanks for linking over another case - it’s not immediately clear if during the process of updating the dataset the CHANGES file was accidentally edited. It appears the system did correct itself and the problem did not persist into future snapshots. I checked a few other datasets that has updated the CHANGES file and it appears the appending is acting normal.
Thank you for you help. That indeed fixed the problem. We can close the thread.