Dcm2bids: 2021 initiative

Dear dcm2bids contributors,

First of all, Happy New Year! I wish all of you the best for the coming year!

As some of you may already know, at the end of 2020, Christophe Bedetti transferred the ownership of the dcm2bids repo to UNF Montreal, which is an academic platform dedicated to neuroimaging research located in Montreal, Canada. Obviously, Christophe will keep being one of the main developers for dcm2bids, but one of the motivations for the transfer was to start to build a community around dcm2bids.
Thank you again Christophe for all your work on dcm2bids.

As such, I would like 2021 to be a special year for dcm2bids; a year when we start working together to develop a dcm2bids with fewer bugs, more features and a more responsive and engaged community. Dcm2bids has always been an easy tool to use and since a lot of end-users seem to appreciate it, I would like to make sure it keeps being a friendly dcm->bids converter - just with some improvements!.

In order to meet these expectations we would need to pull together ideas/features to be more effective and to plan ahead.
I know everybody (me included) is really busy but if each of us is able to help a little bit it can reduce the time for our main devs and develop an even better tool. We would need everybody (from new main devs to end-users) to pitch in whatever way they can. Remember, if you find a bug you’re helping everybody.

Here is a short survey to know how you would like to be involved in this 2021 initiative.

Thank you for your time
Best,
Arnaud

4 Likes