DTI analysis approaches in animal brain

Hello,
My current research work involves doing DTI analysis in pig brain (injured and control). I have used atlas from Atlas version 2.1: Updated high-resolution magnetic resonance imaging-based atlases. they have created ROIs for three different threshold value. I am using thr25 one. But their corpus callosum does not seem to be well aligned with their atlas and I did a little bit modification of the mask. Problem is the thr50 looks little bit more and thick which means it seems to cover lot of parts which is not corpus callosum.
Should we just try to use that one.
I am registering those roi to our pigs T1 space and trying to find the diffusion map values. but i can not see any significant changes between the injured and sham pigs.
is there way a better approach to do the analysis.
Moreover I wanted to do the TBSS analysis for pig brain. In FSL we know we have FA template for human brain not for pig brain. the atlas has a FA template though but once i tried to use it and it did not work cause probably our pigs’ diffusion map and altas FA template for pig are in different space.
Can you please suggest some good approach to do DTI analysis in animal brain to find some significant output .
this is my first research work and MRI is something is completely new field to me. I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance
Best,
Sanjida