Error 2: [Code 1] NOT_INCLUDED dwi sbref files

When I use BIDS validator, I got the following error. However, I checked bids specification, this naming convention is legal. Can anyone provide any clues why it errored? Thank you! These errored files are all dwi sbref.nii.gz or dwi sbref.json files.

sub-5003_ses-7_acq-D2S10_sbref.json 3.041 KB | application/json

bids/sub-5003/ses-7/dwi/sub-5003_ses-7_acq-D2S10_sbref.json

Reason:

Files with such naming scheme are not part of BIDS specification. This error is most commonly caused by typos in file names that make them not BIDS compatible. Please consult the specification and make sure your files are named correctly. If this is not a file naming issue (for example when including files not yet covered by the BIDS specification) you should include a “.bidsignore” file in your dataset (see https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-validator#bidsignore for details). Please note that derived (processed) data should be placed in /derivatives folder and source data (such as DICOMS or behavioural logs in proprietary formats) should be placed in the /sourcedata folder.

Evidence:

sub-5003_ses-7_acq-D2S10_sbref.json

1 Like

hi @wangjinvandy

Welcome to NeuroStars! It appears this matches the template in the specification. I presume the associated nifti file has the same filename with a [.nii] or [.nii.gz] extension?

Pinging @rwblair may see something

Thank you,
Franklin