Error using tedana

I’m new to both fMRIprep and Tedana. After acquiring motion correction echo images from fMRIprep working directory, I ran tedana to perform ICA-denoising on the data. But I got the following error. Would you please guide me what I need to do to solve this issue?

File “c:\users\padid\miniconda3\envs\environment_name\lib\runpy.py”, line 194, in _run_module_as_main
return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
File “c:\users\padid\miniconda3\envs\environment_name\lib\runpy.py”, line 87, in run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "C:\Users\padid\miniconda3\envs\ENVIRONMENT_NAME\Scripts\tedana.exe_main
.py", line 7, in
File “c:\users\padid\miniconda3\envs\environment_name\lib\site-packages\tedana\workflows\tedana.py”, line 669, in main
tedana_workflow(**vars(options))
File “c:\users\padid\miniconda3\envs\environment_name\lib\site-packages\tedana\workflows\tedana.py”, line 323, in tedana_workflow
fh = logging.FileHandler(logname)
File "c:\users\padid\miniconda3\envs\environment_name\lib\logging_init
.py", line 1143, in init
StreamHandler.init(self, self.open())
File "c:\users\padid\miniconda3\envs\environment_name\lib\logging_init
.py", line 1172, in _open
return open(self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding=self.encoding)
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: ‘C:\test\tedana_2020-12-29T13:50:08.txt’

Could you share the command you used to call tedana?

EDIT: At a glance, the issue appears to be that tedana's reports are being created with invalid characters for Windows. This looks similar to a bug reported in ME-ICA/tedana#541. We resolved the issue in March, but we haven’t had an official release since. I would recommend updating tedana to version 0.0.9a1 or the current master branch on GitHub.

1 Like

Thank you. I updated tedana and the issue is resolved.

1 Like