fMRIPrep Crashing During BOLD Correction

Summary of what happened:

Hey everyone,

I’m encountering a persistent problem with fMRIPrep, and I’m hoping someone here might be able to help me troubleshoot it. The process crashes during the BOLD correction step, specifically at the node bold_t1_trans_wf.bold_reference_wf.enhance_and_skullstrip_bold_wf.apply_mask.

• I’ve verified the integrity of the input files using the BIDS Validator.
  • I’ve also checked the permissions to ensure that Docker has read/write access to the directories.

Despite all this, the process consistently fails at the same step. When I was searching about this, I came across to these resources Fmriprep crash wf.initial_boldref_wf.enhance_and_skullstrip_bold_wf.n4_correct how to become an aws devops engineer and as per them I tried the following-

• Re-downloading Data
  • Attempted to run fMRIPrep on a different machine with similar specifications, but encountered the same error.
  • Ensured that I’m using the latest version of fMRIPrep, but the problem remains unchanged.
  • I’ve looked through the log files, but haven’t found any additional clues that could point to the root cause.

I’m at a bit of a loss here and would really appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to resolve this issue. Has anyone else faced a similar problem or could point me in the right direction? Are there any specific configurations or steps I might be missing?

Thank you so much for your time and assistance!

Best Regards :pray:

Command used (and if a helper script was used, a link to the helper script or the command generated):

docker run -ti --rm \
-v /bids_dataset:/data:ro \
-v /outputs:/out \
poldracklab/fmriprep:latest \
/data /out participant \
--participant_label 01 \
 --fs-license-file /path/to/license.txt

Version:

poldracklab/fmriprep:latest

Environment (Docker, Singularity / Apptainer, custom installation):

• Docker version: 20.10.7
  • Memory: 32GB RAM
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K

Data formatted according to a validatable standard? Please provide the output of the validator:

I have organized my BIDS dataset following the standard format. The directory structure is as follows:

/bids_dataset
├── sub-01
│   ├── anat
│   │   └── sub-01_T1w.nii.gz
│   └── func
│       └── sub-01_task-rest_bold.nii.gz
├── dataset_description.json
├── participants.tsv
└── 

Relevant log outputs (up to 20 lines):

Node Name: bold_t1_trans_wf.bold_reference_wf.enhance_and_skullstrip_bold_wf.apply_mask
Error Message: No such file or directory: '/out/fmriprep/sub-01/func/sub-01_task-rest_bold_space-T1w_preproc.nii.gz'

Screenshots / relevant information:

Hi @iamolivasmith,

In the future, please keep hte prepopulated Sotware Support post template to help organize your post. You can see I edited your post to add it in.

You are using the wrong fMRIPrep version. You should be using nipreps/fmriprep:24.0.1 for the latest.

If you continue to get errors, it would help to see a longer error traceback.

Best,
Steven

Hi,

As far as know, I am using right version, but I am not 100% sure, let me check again.

Thanks

Hi,

Now it’s fixed thanks for your supports.

Best Regards.