fMRIPrep: how to resample data from T1w space into MNI space

Thank you for your response.

However I have another question, I realize that I need the warp-file of the structural data to MNI152 space (non-linear registration). What file from fmriprep outputs is it?

Hello,

Each subject’s composite nonlinear transform (warp) from subject anatomical space to MNI152 space will be in that subject’s output directory (fmriprep/sub-<id>/<other BIDS identifiers>), in a path like:

anat/sub-<subject_label>_from-T1w_to-MNI152NLin2009cAsym_mode-image_xfm.h5

The inverse transform, should you require it, is located at a similar path:

anat/sub-<subject_label>_from-MNI152NLin2009cAsym_to-T1w_mode-image_xfm.h5

In general, the outputs of fmriprep are documented here.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer @rastko
However ica-aroma requires a .nii image to perform the analysis, I tried using this outputs but didn’t work.

These outputs are already on MNI space:

func/sub-<subject_label>_task-<task_label>_space-MNI152NLin2009cAsym_desc-preproc_bold.nii.gz

The ica-aroma command is as it follows:

python2.7 ICA_AROMA.py -in func_smoothed.nii.gz( desc-preproc_bold.nii.gz) -out ICA_AROMA -affmat reg/func2highres.mat -warp highres2standard_warp.nii.gz -mc
rest_mcf.par(from confounds text).

What would be the warp image?

In this situation I would use the outputs already on MNI space, and for the warp, an all-zeros XxYxZx3 NIfTI with the same shape and affine of the input.

import numpy as np
import nibabel as nb

im = nb.load('<bids_entities>_space-MNI152NLin2009cAsym_desc-preproc_bold.nii.gz')
hdr = im.header.copy()
hdr.set_intent(2006)  # Set NIFTI intent code to "FSL_FNIRT_DISPLACEMENT_FIELD"
nb.Nifti1Image(np.zeros(list(im.shape[:3]) + [3], dtype=float), im.affine, hdr).to_filename('zero_warpfield.nii.gz')