Fmriprep memory issues

Hi!

I’m trying to run fmriprep 20.2.1 on MAC Mojave (processor 3,2 GHz INtel Xeon W, Memory 32 GB 2666 Mhx DDR) for a dataset with one session per participants and 3 runs per session.
For the docker resources I specified: CPUs 12, Memory 31 GB, Swap 2 GB, Disk image size 152 GB
I use the following flags for fmriprep --low-mem --nprocs 12 --omp-nthreads 8 --mem 30000

And I still get a warning: Some nodes exceed the total amount of memory available (30.00 GB).
And then I quickly get an error: concurrent.futures.process.BrokenProcessPool: A process in the process pool was terminated abruptly while the future was running.

I’ve preprocessed 2 datasets on this machine and everything worked fine.

I tried suggestions from here: Broken process pool · Issue #1260 · nipreps/fmriprep · GitHub
But it doesn’t seem to work.

Do you have any other suggestions or should I find a machine with more RAM?

How are you running fMRIprep (conda, Docker, singularity)? Are running on individual subjects or all of them in one command? Can you provide your full command that calls fmriprep?

With docker via fmriprep-docker wrapper.
For the docker resources I specified: CPUs 12, Memory 31 GB, Swap 2 GB, Disk image size 152 GB

Can you post your full fmriprep command?

fmriprep-docker /Desktop/nifti /Desktop/nifti/derivatives participant --participant-label 1 --fs-license /Desktop/license.txt --use-aroma --low-mem --nprocs 12 --omp-nthreads 8 --mem 30000