FSL Installation via Ubuntu in institutional network stops at 11% - Proxy issue?

Summary of what happened:

Dear all,

I am trying to install FSL via Ubuntu in an insitutional network. I am following the stepy detailed on this page one by one: FslInstallation - FslWiki

When executing the following command, the installation procedure starts, miniconda is sucessfully installed, but the FSL installation stops at 11%. No error message is given.

Command used (and if a helper script was used, a link to the helper script or the command generated):

python “/mnt/c/Users//Downloads/fslinstaller.py”

Version:

Ubuntu 22.04
Python3
WSL2

Environment (Docker, Singularity, custom installation):

custom installation, not runnung via docker

Did somebody encounter a similar problem? I have the impression that the issue might have something to do with institutional proxy settings. I set my company’s proxy in the pip, pip3 and conda used for the FSL installation, but probably I missed something.

Best,
Milena

The FSL team supports users via jiscmail. I suggest you post your issue there.

Hi,

I am having the exact same Problem. First there was a error message saying FSL Installation failed and the logfile showed some issue with the proxy configurations. I set the proxies in the .condarc file and afterwards the installation didn’t fail but simply stopped without an error message.
Have you by any chance found a solution yet?

Best,
Jane