Getting metadata for BIDS

Hi NeuroStars,

I currently have nifti files for a particular dataset, along with a pdf containing scanning parameters (see below). However, I do not have access to the DICOMS. Therefore, is there a way I could use this information to make my current dataset BIDS compatible, and get the necessary files and information (e.g., .nii, json, and required metadata in the json files) sorted for fMRI Prep?

Example:

Hi,
I’m not an expert (so correct me if I’m wrong) but I thinks that should be possible and not too difficult. For some of my T1 scans I only had the nifiti files, too. I simply wrote a new json file for those using Python. Probably the easiest way to do so is to download a json file from an existing BIDS dataset (for instance from open neuro) and then adjust the parameters according to your scanning protocol or the nifiti headers.
I hope this helps!
Anna

2 Likes

Hi @anna

Thank you for your feedback.

I am currently using the approach you’ve mentioned, and will treat a json file as a template for all subjects. I will let you know how the analysis goes.

Also, have you previously calculated slice times using information from the nifti files? If yes, did you use “TR / no.of slices” as the formula?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Thapa

Hi Thapa,

great! I hope this will work well!!
No unfortunatly not, as I have all the json of my bold images from the dcm2niix converter, I simply used the slice timing information of the json.

Anna

Ah cool!

Thanks once again @anna

Cheers,
Thapa