GSoC 2021 project idea 17.1: AnalySim: a data sharing and notebook analysis platform written in Angular and ASP.net with C#

AnalySim is a data sharing and analysis platform that seeks to simplify the visualization of datasets. With Analysim researchers can collaborate by hosting their data and publishing their analysis notebooks to the world, or browse through multiple user generated projects.

AnalySim aims to be a data sharing and hosting resource for crowdsourced analysis of a specific type of dataset: one where many parameter combinations need to be tested and measurements are recorded for each instance.These datasets are very useful in mathematical modeling of natural phenomena, such as in computational neuroscience. We provide easy sharing, analysis, visualization, and collaboration capabilities on these datasets.

Project is still in progress and a draft is available at: www.analysim.tech

Main Technologies: Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, ASP.Net Core, C#, PostgreSQL,

Technologies for analysis notebooks: JavaScript, ObservableHQ, D3.js, Vega, Plotly

Tags: Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, ASP.Net Core, C#, PostgreSQL, JavaScript, ObservableHQ, D3.js, Vega, Plotly

Lead Mentor: Cengiz Gunay @cengique, cgunay@ggc.edu

Co-Mentor: Anca Doloc-Mihu @adm, adolocm@gmail.com

3 Likes

Week 4 (6/7/2021 - 6/13/2021)
Done:
Added fork button
Added popup to confirm or cancel fork
Validate user login status before forking project
To Do:
Link button to backend database
Problems/ Blockers:
None

P.S. I will also update my progress on a google doc (link)

Week 5 (6/14/2021 - 6/20/2021)

Done:
Linked button to backend
Create a new empty project in user’s dashboard
Changed Project Members table layout & table display up-to-date info without having to refresh page
Prevent user from forking the project twice

To Do:
Fork project with data inside
Link forked project to original project

Problems/ Blockers:
File/ directory structure. How to get existing data from a project

P.S. See my progress on a google doc (link )

Week 6 (6/21/2021 - 6/27/2021)
Done:
Able to access data inside of the original project
Able to fork some data into the new project
Got access to Azure storage and database
Re-deployed AnalySim

To Do:
Fork the remaining data into the new project
Link forked project to original project

Problems/ Blockers:
Uri pointing to the same reference for files with the same name

See my progress on a google doc (link )

July 2nd edit: @malin I cannot make more than 3 consecutive replies under a post, so starting this week I will only be updating my progress on the Google Doc (link)