GSoC 2022 Project Idea 16.1: GPU parallelization of DIPY algorithms (350 h)

We have multiple versions of GPU parallelized algorithms. The project will be bringing those together in a common framework and adding new methods as well. For example, we currently have cudipy and GPU streamlines. A unified framework is required. In addition, we will need to parallelize some algorithms such as those used for probabilistic tractography and nonrigid registration.

Difficulty: Intermediate

Time: Full time

Skills required: CUDA, C/C++, Python

Mentors: Shreyas Fadnavis @ShreyasFadnavis, Jongsung Park @pjsjongsung, Bramsh Qamar Chandio @bramsh

Tech keywords: CUDA, C/C++, Python, GPU

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from GSoC 2022 Project Idea 16.1: GPU parallelization of DIPY algorithms (350 h):

hello, I am a b.tech 3rd year student planning to participate in gsoc22 .I am interested in this project .i have been programming in c++ and python for a while and willing to learn about cuda and gpu programming,Will somebody please guide me towards the resources i should refer to and also which parts of the codebase i should familiarize myself with

I’m interested in this project too. I’m currently working on a bioinformatics project involving HPC, I have some experience with C++ and Python, and I’m also taking classes about parallel computing. Please send me a message :slight_smile: