GSoC 2022 Project Idea 5.1: Improving graphical interface and user experience for AnalySim (350 h)

AnalySim is a data sharing and analysis platform that seeks to simplify the visualization of datasets. With AnalySim researchers can collaborate by hosting their data and publishing their analysis notebooks to the world, or browse through multiple user generated projects.
AnalySim aims to be a data sharing and hosting resource for crowdsourced-analysis of a specific type of dataset: one where many parameter combinations need to be tested and measurements are recorded for each instance. These datasets are very useful in mathematical modeling of natural phenomena, such as in computational neuroscience. We provide easy sharing, analysis, visualization, and collaboration capabilities on these datasets.

Project is still in progress and a draft is available at: AnalySim

This project will involve improving the graphical interface and user experience for AnalySim. The developer would focus on the visual elements and would be good to be able to understand the AnalySim architecture.

Main Technologies: Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, ASP.Net Core, C#, PostgreSQL, Inkscape/Adobe Illustrator, Gimp/Adobe Photoshop, CSS, HTML

Technologies for analysis notebooks: JavaScript, ObservableHQ, D3.js, Vega, Plotly, potential for Jupyter add-on

Skill level: intermediate/advanced preferable

Tech keywords: Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, ASP.Net Core, C#, PostgreSQL, JavaScript, ObservableHQ, D3.js, Vega, Plotly

Lead mentor: Anca Doloc-Mihu @adm (adolocm@gmail.com)
Back-up mentor: Cengiz Gunay @cengique (cengique@users.sf.net)

1 Like

Hey :wave: , I am interested in this project and looking forward to contribute in this .
Please guide me for further processes.
@adm @cengique @malin

Hi Aditya,
Thank you for writing to us and for your interest in our project. We are a bit busy at this time but would like to chat with you to learn about your interests, mostly in which part of the project would you like to work on? What technologies are you familiar with?
Anca

Thankyou @adm for your reply.
All my interests involves around Web Development and learning new things related to it . I want to work on frontend part of the project , I would like to improve the interface of the authentication page and also would like to make the web page more attractive to user experience by improving the styling and more of the webpage.
and I am familiar with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap, PHP, Angular, TypeScript, SQL, React, MongoDB, Express and Node.

1 Like

@AdityaKumar, that’s great. Your skills are exactly matching our project. We will send you more info via email - I received your email.

@cengique Thankyou, I will wait for your instructions and I would love to work with you.

Hi @AdityaKumar and @cengique .
I think the best is to meet online and chat to get to know Aditya’s skills a bit and answer some questions about the project. So here is a link WhenIsGood: AnalySim to a calendar to set up this meeting. Please input your available times.

Also, Aditya please send us your resume along with a short description of a couple of projects you have worked on and the precise tasks you implemented on these projects. We would like to understand really well your skills and to place you on the tasks of the project that need to be done.

Cheers. This is exciting.

ok, I entered my times, and it seems Friday is the earliest time that works for me. I also could not see others’ times on the sheet. @AdityaKumar did you enter?

Hello, I would appreciate being able to contribute to this project. If possible, I would like to share some ideas with the team on improvements that could be made to the front end.

Hi Akeelah! I’ll tag the mentors for you: @adm @cengique

/Malin, org admin

Hi @alindo,
Thank you for writing to us and for your interest in our project. We would like to chat with you to learn about your interests, mostly in which part of the project would you like to work on? What technologies are you familiar with?

Hello, I am excited to work on this project and provide a better experience to the project and learn more about angular.

Hi Joseph, let me tag the mentors for you @adm @cengique

/ Malin, org admin

Thank you @malin .

@Joseph_Ongchangco we are looking forward to your application. Let us know if we can help you fine tune it.

1 Like