GSoC 2023 Project Idea 2.1 Develop IO routines for HNN-core outputs (350 h)

Human Neocortical Neurosolver (HNN) is a software for interpreting the neural origin of macroscale magneto-/electro-encephalography (MEG/EEG) data using biophysically-detailed microcircuit simulations. HNN can be run through a user-friendly graphical user interface or through a Python interface HNN-core.

IRC channel: https://gitter.im/jonescompneurolab/hnn-core

Mailing list(s): https://groups.google.com/g/hnnsolver

Overview of HNN Utility

HNN-GUI tutorials

HNN-core tutorials and examples

Contributing guide

Goal

The current IO routines in HNN-core are fragmented as they were adapted from HNN-GUI. The goal is to develop IO routines adapted from HNN-core objects while maintaining backwards compatibility with HNN-GUI.

Subgoals

• Develop a method to write cell_response object and read from it. It should be able to handle multiple trials and be able to plot rasters after reading from a saved file.
  • Develop a function to write and read from Dipole and ExtracellularArray. It should be able to handle multiple trials. The format should be standardized between the two objects as much as possible.
  • Develop a function to write and read Network object. It should be based on hdf5 and use the h5io library.
  • Document each of the IO formats in an rst document and develop tests for each function.
  • Bonus: Develop a function to write Network object to NeuroML format and test that it can be loaded in NetPyne

Related issues: IO for network object · Issue #465 · jonescompneurolab/hnn-core · GitHub Internal data containers and saving simulation results to disk · Issue #341 · jonescompneurolab/hnn-core · GitHub

Skill level: Intermediate

Required skills: Python, some experience in neuroscience data analysis may be helpful

Time commitment: Full-time (350 hours)

Lead mentor: Nicholas Tolley

Project website: https://hnn.brown.edu/

Backup mentors: Ryan Thorpe

Tech keywords: Python, networks, modeling, simulation

Hi I am Rajat Partani.
I am interested in the project and am familiar with python.
I have started going through the project requirements and related issues. I would love to start contributing to the project.

Respected Mentor!
My self Debaditya Das from India . I am a 19 years old Computer science and Cybersecurity student.

My skills and knowledge: cybersecurity , machine learning ,deep learning and web development,
android ,game development and many more.

My Previous projects:
1.HOUSE PRICE PREDICTION MACHINE LEARNING MODEL.
2.TEXT TO SPEECH AND SPEECH TO TEXT CONVERTER.
3.MAIL_SPAM DETECTOR PROJECT
4.BOOK RECOMMENDER.
5.FACE MASK DETECTION.
6.PORT SCANNER USING PYTHON FOR PEN-TESTING
ETC.

** NOW I AM WORKING IN PROJECT NAME INTRUSION DETECTION SYSTEM

Programming language: PYTHON ,C, JAVA ,flask , j.s, html, c++ etc.

MACHINE LEARNING TOOLS:JUPYTER NOTEBOOK,ANACONDA,GOGGLE COLAB etc.

CERTIFICATION: CEH(CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER) FROM Oak Academy(Udemy).

Machine learning libraries in python :I know skearn,numpy,pandas,tensorflow,cv2,pytorchand others important python libraries
like os , socket, datetime etc.

Machine learning knowledge : I know important ML topics like supervised-unsupervised learning
, Logistic regression, linear regression, multi regression , classification etc.

ML Algorithms: Linear regression ,Ridge Regression ,Lasso Regression ,Random Forest etc.(i know very well)

Native Language : Bengali
Proficient Language : English

Dear sir,

I was looking for such an organization for a long time. I have had a keen interest in  machine learning since my school days. The subject matter is very dear to me and it has motivated me a lot.

I noticed that my skill set is something is match your project.so I really want to contribute.
INCF is an organization where I can learn a lot by joining and keep an important presence in the world of MACHINE LEARNING AND DATA SCIENCE.

Really excited to collaborate and contribute to this great organization.