GSoC 2023 Project Idea 7.1 Working on implementing CSV data browser and querying component (350 h)

AnalySim is a data sharing and analysis platform that seeks to simplify the visualization of datasets. With Analysim researchers can collaborate by hosting their data and publishing their analysis notebooks to the world, or browse through multiple user generated projects.

AnalySim aims to be a data sharing and hosting resource for crowdsourced-analysis of a specific type of dataset: one where many parameter combinations need to be tested and measurements are recorded for each instance. These datasets are very useful in mathematical modeling of natural phenomena, such as in computational neuroscience. We provide easy sharing, analysis, visualization, and collaboration capabilities on these datasets.

Skill level: Intermediate/advanced

Required skills: Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, ASP.Net Core, C#, PostgreSQL, JavaScript, ObservableHQ, D3.js, Vega, Plotly, potential for Jupyter add-on

Time commitment: Full-time (350 h)

Lead mentor: Cengiz Gunay

Project website: https://analysim-dev.herokuapp.com/home

Backup mentors: Anca Doloc-Mihu

Tech keywords: AnalySim

1 Like

Hi, this project seems interesting to me. I would like contribute towards it.
Is there a Slack/community channel where I can discuss and learn more about this project? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @R.V.Rajagopalan , we have a private Discord community. You can email me at cgunay@ggc.edu and we can have a private discussion and even an online meeting if you want. Let me know.

Updated site link: https://www.analysim.tech/

Source code: GitHub - soft-eng-practicum/AnalySim

Hi, I would like to contribute towards this project. Can I get the Slack or Discord channel for communication? Thanks

1 Like

Hi Rohan, please email me at the address in the above reply.

Hi, I would like to contribute to this project. Could I email you at the given email address above?

Regards,
Kshitiz.

1 Like

Yes, please go ahead @ksareen07. We detailed the installation instructions in the README on Github and if you can go through the steps we can assign you a small task in case you want to submit an application.

Hi @cengique, I have installed and run the application. Please let me know the further steps.

Regards,
Kshitiz.

Hi @ksareen07 , great, please go ahead and email me at cgunay@ggc.edu a screenshot of the Explore section so I can check everything is running correctly on your side. Then we can assign you something easy to do.

Hi @cengique, I have sent you an email of the screenshot.

Regards,
Kshitiz.