Heatmaps from coordinates (python/matlab)

Hi, I need a bit of advice. I’m looking for a python or Matlab package, that would help me create heatmaps like the one below. Note: my data is not from eye-tracking, it’s an explicit free judgement task, so I have a bunch of X,Y coordinates and each selection RT. However, eye-tracking analysis seems to have the closest tools to analyse such patterns. Any recommended tools I could use?

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 10.00.52

I guess matplotlib and seaborn should be able to generate such images on a 2D grid, it will look similar to the image above if you have enough datapoints/resolution i guess and maybe apply some smoothing (python - How to make a smooth heatmap? - Stack Overflow or numpy - Smoothing my heatmap in Python - Stack Overflow). I think you can also configure the background in matplotlib (matplotlib - Plot over an image background in python - Stack Overflow) and then set the colormap’s transparency using the alpha parameter (Blend transparency with color in 2D images — Matplotlib 3.6.2 documentation). Or you can just make the heatmap, export it, and overlay the images in some program like inkscape.