Help with BIDS validator error for MTS scans

Hi,

I am trying to create a heudiconv heuristic for some 9.4T Bruker data that includes a magnetization transfer scan.

After going through both the current BIDS standard, as well as, the qMRI-BIDS extension, I settled on the following filenames:

sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-off_run-01_MTS
sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-on_run-01_MTS

But, I am getting the following validator error:

1: [ERR] Files with such naming scheme are not part of BIDS specification. This error is most commonly caused by typos in file names that make them not BIDS compatible. Please consult the specification and make sure your files are named correctly. If this is not a file naming issue (for example when including files not yet covered by the BIDS specification) you should include a ".bidsignore" file in your dataset (see https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-validator#bidsignore for details). Please note that derived (processed) data should be placed in /derivatives folder and source data (such as DICOMS or behavioural logs in proprietary formats) should be placed in the /sourcedata folder. (code: 1 - NOT_INCLUDED)
		./sub-NR24/anat/sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-off_run-01_MTS.json
			Evidence: sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-off_run-01_MTS.json
		./sub-NR24/anat/sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-off_run-01_MTS.nii.gz
			Evidence: sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-off_run-01_MTS.nii.gz
		./sub-NR24/anat/sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-on_run-01_MTS.json
			Evidence: sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-on_run-01_MTS.json
		./sub-NR24/anat/sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-on_run-01_MTS.nii.gz
			Evidence: sub-NR24_flip-01_mt-on_run-01_MTS.nii.gz

The JSONs for both of the OFF and ON scans list the flip angle as:

"FlipAngle": 9

Based on the examples I can find in open datasets (e.g., OSF | Multicenter VENUS dataset: Comparing vendor-neutral and vendor-native MTsat acquisitions), the filenames should be valid. I’ve have probably missed something really obvious, but I can’t see what.

Thanks,

suzanne

1 Like

Hi,

run-01 should precede the flip label.

Best,
Steven

Aha! Order matters. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: