Important Upcoming Dates regarding GSoC

March 31 18:00 UTC : Students will submit their draft proposals through the program website for you to give solid feedback on.
March 31 - April 20: Review all submitted student proposals with your org and consider how many you want to select and how many you can handle (ie. how many you have committed mentors for). Decide on the minimum/maximum number of student slots to request- do not request more than your org can handle - this could take students away from orgs who have excellent student prospects and need the slots.
April 21 18:00 UTC : Deadline to submit slot requests (Org Admins enter requests)
April 22 18:00 UTC : Slot allocations are announced by Google
April 22 - 30 18:00 UTC : Orgs select the proposals to become student projects. At least 1 mentor must be assigned to each project before it can be selected. (Org Admins enter selections)
April 30 - May 4: Google Program Admins will do another review of student eligibility
May 4 : Accepted GSoC 2020 students/projects are announced
May 4 - 31: Community Bonding Period
May 31 : Deadline to notify Google Admins of an inactive student that you wish to be removed from the program
June 1 : Coding begins
June 29 - July 3 : First evaluation period - mentors evaluate students, students evaluate mentors
July 27 - 31 : Second evaluation period - mentors evaluate students, students evaluate mentors
August 24 -31 : Students wrap up their projects and submit final evaluation of their mentor
August 31 - September 7 : Mentors submit final evaluations of students
September 8 : Students passing GSoC 2020 are announced

3 Likes

@PradeepGeorge Sir i want to know that did the timeline just got updated ? because as of 19th March when i submitted my draft proposal the major events were scheduled as follows:

27th April- Announcement of Selected students

27th April to 18th May- Community bonding period

13th June- Evaluation 1
15th July- Evaluation 2
10th August- Submission of codes and final evaluation.

Hi, Yes, this is the revised schedule.

1 Like

Ok Thanks for the information @PradeepGeorge Sir