INCF approved as mentoring organization for GSoC 2021!

It is official, we are participating again in this year’s Google Summer of Code!

Students: Please use Neurostars for your intial contact with the mentors, that way a) we can help mentors keep track and respond b) we get threads of already answered questions, which helps newcomers

8 Likes

Hi Malin,

very happy to hear the news :tada:

Is there the possibility to review past successful proposals from INCF GSoC contributors?

A couple of examples would help highlight what Google are looking for in addition to what they’ve published in the student guide.

Congratulations on the nomination!

Warm greetings,
Peter Crowe

This is great news! Was ecstatic to see the INCF in the list of participating organizations in the press release yesterday :heart_eyes:

This will provide a great catalyst for the development of the ecosystems and toolkits we all depend on in our digital research lives. Thank you for taking the charge on this and making so many new exciting ideas and projects a real possibility.

Hi Malin,

very happy to hear the news :tada:

Is there the possibility to review past successful proposals from INCF GSoC contributors?

A couple of examples would help highlight what Google are looking for in addition to what they’ve published in the student guide.

Daniela

Hi,
the final student projects have always been private, so we don’t have any collected. But most students blog or report elsewhere on what they have been doing, so you should be able to get some ideas. Also, many past students make “intro to GSoC” videos with tips for applying, and put them on YouTube or similar. What the mentor(s) think about your proposal will have more influence over your progress thant what Google thinks - from what I’ve seen, Google just filters out the uneligible, the unserious and the clearly unsuited.

2 Likes

OK, thanks for the info and the insight, very useful!

Hi,

Congrats Malin for the approval as mentor. I was going through the projects in the Ideas list and I found Project 9 “sktime” quite interesting. The mentor for the project is mentioned as @TonyBagnall. May I know how to connect with him and continue the discussion.