Issue with CAT12 Toolbox Analysis in SPM12

Summary of what happened:

Hello everyone,

I am using the CAT12 toolbox within SPM12 and Matlab R2023b on Windows 11 platform.

Specifically, I am utilizing the ‘Segment Data’ function within CAT12 to perform voxel-based morphometric analysis on T1WI structural MRI scans. This function is designed to automatically generate individual subject XML files (in the format cat_*.xml) upon completion of the analysis.

Unfortunately, I have run into a problem during the analysis. I received the following warning messages:

“Surface ROI estimation Warning: Can’t write XML-file ‘D:\sub-0205_ses-01_T1w.nii\label\catROIs_sub-0205_ses-01_T1w_defaced.xml’!”
“Write results Warning: Can’t write XML-file ‘D:\sub-0205_ses-01_T1w.nii\label\catROI_sub-0205_ses-01_T1w_defaced.xml’!”
“Quality check Warning: Can’t write XML-file ‘D:\sub-0205_ses-01_T1w.nii\report\cat_sub-0205_ses-01_T1w_defaced.xml’!”

I attempted to repeat the analysis using a different file, but encountered the same warning messages. For your reference, I have attached a screenshot depicting the issue. I would greatly appreciate any guidance you can offer to help resolve this XML file generation issue.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Screenshots / relevant information:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I have found a solution to this problem. It turns out the issue was with MATLAB version R2023b. I downgraded to R2023a, and now everything is working perfectly. It seems there’s a problem between CAT12 and MATLAB R2023b.

Thank you!

1 Like