We had an outage in Neurostars on Aug 21/22 for about 10 hours. I am travelling abroad and didn’t get the notifications right away.
It looks like a system update ran into a snag because Github ( which hosts some of the dependencies ) had some connectivity issues. The upgrade abort caused the app container’s file system to become corrupted, which made rolling back slightly more complicated.
I went ahead and rebuilt the application with the newer version and restored the previous database backup. I also switched out the container’s file system from devicemapper to overlayfs ( which has been recommended by the Discourse developers because of corruption issues with devicemapper ).
Apologize about the outage. Please let me know if there are any issues.