[Nipype] Wrong naming of output files in mcflirt

Hi everyone,
i’m running nipype and getting this error from mcflirt interface during the preprocessing phase:-
#################################################
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/USER/data/nipype/nipype/pipeline/plugins/multiproc.py”, line 67, in run_node
result[“result”] = node.run(updatehash=updatehash)
File “/home/USER/data/nipype/nipype/pipeline/engine/nodes.py”, line 516, in run
result = self._run_interface(execute=True)
File “/home/USER/data/nipype/nipype/pipeline/engine/nodes.py”, line 635, in _run_interface
return self._run_command(execute)
File “/home/USER/data/nipype/nipype/pipeline/engine/nodes.py”, line 741, in _run_command
result = self._interface.run(cwd=outdir)
File “/home/USER/data/nipype/nipype/interfaces/base/core.py”, line 436, in run
outputs = self.aggregate_outputs(runtime)
File “/home/USER/data/nipype/nipype/interfaces/base/core.py”, line 544, in aggregate_outputs
raise FileNotFoundError(msg)
FileNotFoundError: No such file or directory ‘/home/USER/data/ds000114/output/workingdir/preproc/_subject_id_01_task_name_fingerfootlips/mcflirt/sub-01_ses-test_task-fingerfootlips_bold_roi_mcf_mean_reg.nii’ for output ‘mean_img’ of a MCFLIRT interface
#################################################
so the software is searching for this file:-
“sub-01_ses-test_task-fingerfootlips_bold_roi_mcf_mean_reg.nii”
in the output folder
But i’m getting this file instead :-
"sub-01_ses-test_task-fingerfootlips_bold_roi_mcf.nii_mean_reg.nii "
this file has an extra extension (.nii) attached to it and hence this file is not picked up by the software

Any ideas would be much appreciated?

Thank you,

Hi aryan-bampal, do you use any substitutions to change output file names? If so - remove them or connect properly to your folder (datasink) so the pipeline can pick them up.

Hi Cherkas ,
Removing the the substitution results in the same error .

Hi Cherkas ,
There seems to be some problem in using fsl software . So i have used AFNI software to preprocess the NIFTI dataset such as :- despiking , motion correction, slice correction , detrending , smoothing . The output of these libraries is always BRIK so i repeatedly convert BRIK to NIFTI becoz the input file to these software is NIFTI .
My problem is :- after doing despiking , motion correction, slice correction
Im getting the image as:-

After detrending , i get the image as :-

There is significant signal change between the voxel of the same image .
There is supposed to be little changes as detrending removes hardware artifacts .
Is there any error in what i am doing ??