OCNS Infrastructure/software/tools SIG: meet and greet, initial discussions

I’ve started to file tickets here for the tasks from the meeting now. If there are folks here who aren’t in the GitHub group, please ping me with your GitHub usernames so you get notifications and so on

Hi,
unfortunately I missed the meeting announcement, but I would like to participate and offer sessions with neurolib, our brain network simulation toolkit (GitHub - neurolib-dev/neurolib: Easy whole-brain modeling for computational neuroscientists 👩🏿‍🔬💻🧠). What can I do to take part? Paging @sanjayankur31 :wink:
Best

1 Like

Thanks for filing the ticket @caglarcakan . That’ll be the first step :slight_smile:

Hi folks,

Could everyone please go through the meeting logs by the end of Monday? On Tuesday, I’ll archive them on our GitHub project:

The logs are here:

If anyone isn’t in the GitHub org yet, please tell me your GitHub username and I’ll add you.

1 Like

Folks, we’re up on INCF/OCNS Software WG

The meeting logs have also been put here:

Announced on MLs, also here on Neurostars:

Hi folks, just a reminder of tomorrow’s session on Brian at 1700 UTC. Hope to see you all then!

Hi everyone !

I am Shavika Rastogi, a PhD student in the field of Neuromorphic Olfaction at Western Sydney University, Australia (https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/icns/people/research_students/shavika_rastogi). I have done my masters in Neuroscience with Computational Neuroscience as my focus area from University of Freiburg, Germany. I have the experience of working with NEST and PyNN during my masters.

As my work also involves modeling and simulation, I am also interested to know about underlying tools and software which can be used not just by computational neuroscientists but also by neuromorphs.

1 Like

Hi @Shavika202 , welcome!

If you can give me your GitHub username, I’ll also add you to the GitHub organisation so you get updates from there. That’s where we do a lot of our organisation/ticketing.

Hi @sanjayankur31 ! My github usermane is sras202. Please add me to the Github organisation.

1 Like

I’ve sent you the invite now.

Hi folks,

Sorry it’s rather last minute. Here’s an abstract based on our general goals to submit to the INCF Assembly. Could you please take a look and suggest any changes when you have 2 minutes to spare?

I’ve listed everyone that is listed on our website as an author there. Please feel free to edit that information also.

Could everyone please send me their GitHub usernames if they haven’t already? We’re using discussions and tickets on GitHub more and more, so it’s the central place for us to work at:

Since we need to ensure that “all authors have read and agreed to this submission”, it’s an opt-in system. So please comment here or on GitHub or on the document before the end of the day to indicate that you’re happy to have your name on the submission. Otherwise, we won’t be able to add you as a co-author here :frowning:

I’ve added name to the document and am happy with the submission

1 Like

I’m happy with the submission!

1 Like

Thanks @jamie and @Amelie .

@danieleavitabile @zova137 : could you please take a quick look and let us know if you’re happy with it too?

@Amelie : I’ve also resent the GitHub invitation to you (amelie-aussel) to join the org there, so that you get notifications from the WG’s tickets etc.

1 Like

@ramcdougal : sorry, could you please also take a look when you have a minute and let us know if you’re happy to be on the submission?

That’s great, thanks for including me!

Thanks @danieleavitabile : would you have a GitHub account we could add to the GitHub team? We’re doing most of our discussion there and that way you’ll stay in the loop.