Patrick Appreciation Thread (PAT)

Greetings, fellow members of the NMA family!

As the name suggests, this thread is dedicated in honor of Patrick Mineault. You most probably know him as the CTO of Neuromatch Academy! He pins important posts here, and if you have been watching closely, you would also know that he has been a key member of the matching, student experience, video, TA, curriculum, and tutorial review teams. But what you might not know is that in addition to all of these responsibilities, he has been an excellent mentor.

As a member of team Hebbian Yearning (pod-079-valiant-whale), it has been wonderful having Patrick with us to navigate our lofty proposal of understanding how some mice learn faster than others. One of the reasons I enjoyed our project so much was his genuine interest in the same. He was by no means obliged to spend more than 30 minutes with us each of those 4 days, and knowing how busy he was, it is incredible that each of our meetings went well over an hour! Time really flies when you are having fun :smile:.

He has been working round the clock, along with the rest of the NMA organizing team, and I am both grateful and elated to have witnessed the results of their efforts (I still can’t believe it’s over! :slightly_frowning_face:). Thanks a ton @pmin ! Get some well deserved rest, enjoy playing your switch, and see you next time!

P.S.: You can read more about Patrick on his blog - https://xcorr.net/

P.P.S.: It slipped my mind that we needed a final day group picture! Luckily @kajalsulthana17 had clicked one. Thanks Kajal!

16 Likes