Postdoc position in the Gobbini Lab at Dartmouth, in collaboration with the Haxby Lab

See job and project description below. I was a PhD student in the lab for the past five years, and it’s been a wonderful professional and personal experience. Feel free to ask me questions about the working environment.

Face perception is one of the most developed skills in humans and plays a critical role in social communication. Face perception ability varies considerably, and the neural basis of these variations is poorly understood. In an NSF-funded project we are investigating inter-individual variation in the human neural system for face perception using fMRI, naturalistic stimuli, computational face models, and novel computational methods for intersubject alignment of cortical function (hyperalignment), modeling representational geometry, and multivariate functional connectivity.

We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to work on this project. To address this topic, we will use fMRI and advanced analysis methods (e.g. multivariate decoding and hyperalignment) to study the representation of faces in the brain. Preference will be given to candidates with a PhD in cognitive neuroscience, psychology, biology, physics, computer science, or a related field. Candidates must have a strong background in computational approaches and a strong motivation to pursue a scientific career. Extensive experience with fMRI and scientific programming (e.g. Python) is required. A background in cognitive neuroscience research is desirable.

This is a two-year position renewable for one year. The position is in the Person Perception laboratory led by M. Ida Gobbini in collaboration with Jim Haxby’s laboratory in the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at Dartmouth College.

Contact info:
maria.i.gobbini@dartmouth.edu
james.v.haxby@dartmouth.edu

2 Likes