Probe id's to eid is throwing an error (IBL)

Its 03/25/2024 and I’ve just run a script that I’ve run many times and it appears to have an error that was not there before. I am using the password ‘international’, I was running it on version 2.5.0 but I updated it after encountering this error to 2.7.0 but that did not fix it. In summary one.pid2eid() and one.eid2pid() are throwing some sort of sql error. eid2pid(one.api — ONE documentation) pid2eid( one.api — ONE documentation )

pid = 'da8dfec1-d265-44e8-84ce-6ae9c109b8bd'

eid, name = one.pid2eid(pid)

ap_rms = one.load_object(eid, f'ephysTimeRmsAP', collection=f'raw_ephys_data/{name}')

returns this error…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTTPError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
Cell In[31], line 2
      1 pid = 'da8dfec1-d265-44e8-84ce-6ae9c109b8bd'
----> 2 eid, name = one.pid2eid(pid)
      4 ap_rms = one.load_object(eid, f'ephysTimeRmsAP', collection=f'raw_ephys_data/{name}')

File ~/miniconda3/envs/ONE_ibl_env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/one/util.py:161, in refresh.<locals>.wrapper(self, *args, **kwargs)
    159     mode = self.mode
    160 self.refresh_cache(mode=mode)
--> 161 return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

I’ll skip a bit because it’s quite long but eventually we get here:

HTTPError: [Errno 500] /insertions/da8dfec1-d265-44e8-84ce-6ae9c109b8bd: 'column data_dataset.qc does not exist\nLINE 1: ...auto_datetime", "data_dataset"."default_dataset", "data_data...\n

I tried updating the ONE-api and that did not fix the issue. The rest of the data is fine, but is this method of calling probenames now outdated? This may require me to rewrite several scripts. Please note that this also means this tutorial is no longer valid: Loading Ephys Data (AP and LFP band) — IBL Library documentation

Please let me know if you need other information. Should I delete and reinstall my cache prehaps?

Hello,

We released our database yesterday and had a few issues with the migrations which was causing this error. We have fixed it and you should be able to use your code as before. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you encounter this problem again!

1 Like