Questions about IBL Dataset

Hi everyone,

I am working with the IBL behavioural dataset and have a few questions about the data.

Sometimes the trial reward volume is NaN - does this mean no reward was delivered on that trial? For the mouse (nicknamed CSHL_015) it seems all of the trials in session “2019-9-16 13:44:46” have a value of NaN. Also, what do the trial_included values represent and what is the trial_feedback value? Does feedback -1 represent the auditory error cue and 1 represent positive reward?

Thank you for your help,
Nick

1 Like

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your questions.

1. If the reward volume is NaN, it means the reward delivered was not recorded for some reason. The trials that have reward volume of 0 indicate trials where no reward was delivered to the mouse.
  2. I have used this query to get the trial data for this session and the data seems to be there
    behavior.TrialSet.Trial() * acquisition.Session & {'session_start_time': "2019-9-16 13:44:46"} Does this match the query you were using?
  3. I think the trial_included column is not used. I think this was to indicate trials that had missing data that shouldn’t be used for analysis. I will confirm with my colleague and get back to you on this question.
  4. Yes, feedback -1, means the mouse got the trial wrong and received an auditory error cue and 1 means it was correct and received water reward.

I hope that helps!

Mayo