Set multiple processing parameters simultaneously in xcp_d

I want to set different parameters at once, for example, set --nuisance-regressors as 24P and 36P, to compare the influence of different processing parameters in further analysis. Based on the documentation, I should run different runs of this software with the desired parameters. I am wondering what the best practice in such circumstances is.

Hi @psychelzh and welcome to neurostars!

You can name your output directories something different to differentiate outputs from the two pipelines. If you use the same working directory then processing should run quickly.

Best,
Steven

Thanks! That makes sense, although, I believe, the structural imaging outputs might be very redundancy in such circumstances.

They won’t be recalculated if you reuse the same working directory, so there won’t be redundancy in processing time. They will still be copied to the output directory, but you can delete them if low on storage.

Thanks for your quick reply and nice suggestion. Hopefully, a better option might be supported in future versions is to set unique identifiers for each set of parameters. Although not so practical for command line usage, if the configurations can be set by an option file (requires this issue), it will be possible and easy to understand.