SimNIBS: Not able to use "run_simnibs" command from bash

Summary

Hi all, I’m trying to use the ‘run_simnibs’ command from bash, but I’m running error:

Running this command:

run_simnibs example.mat

Returns this output:

/bin/bash: run_simnibs: command not found

I’ve activated a conda environment where simnibs is installed. This is apparent since I’m able to use certain simnibs command from my command line, such as ‘simnibs_gui’.

I’ve also added the Linux libraries to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but this doesn’t fix the issue:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<redacted>/simnibs4_env/lib/python3.9/site-packages/simnibs/external/lib/linux:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

edit: I’ve been able to run it from the command line in the past using this environment and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Anyone have any experience with errors like this? Thank you!
Shane

Hi @swwalsh1,

I’m not familiar with this package, but from looking at the GitHub I cannot find evidence that run_simnibs is a command meant to be run directly on the CLI.

Best,
Steven

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve been able to run it from the command line in the past using this environment and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I’m not sure what broke.

Best,
Shane

Hi @swwalsh1,

Executables should usually go in $PATH not LD_LIBRARY_PATH. If you find the executable in the GitHub repo you can just explicitly add it to your path.

Best,
Steven