Slice timing correction with ASL data

I’m trying to figure out how best to perform slice timing correction with ASL data (assuming it is, in fact, worth doing). Based on how ASL is acquired, in which control and label volumes are alternated, applying slice timing correction without accounting for volume type seems like a mistake. Additionally, TRs are very long, but the actual acquisition occurs during a brief period within the TR, so it seems like that would need to be accounted for in the interpolation.

I’ve noticed that ExploreASL doesn’t apply slice timing correction, and most ASL papers I’ve come across don’t mention it, so is it something that people just don’t do? Are there perhaps specialized tools for ASL slice timing correction?

Hello,

It seems that ASLprep is doing slice-timming correction. i am not sure however how it is done : ASL processing pipeline details — aslprep version

Edouard

Thanks for the link @edelaire. Unfortunately, I’m asking on behalf of ASLPrep, because I want to make sure it’s performing slice-timing correction appropriately. I probably should have included that in the original post.

I know @Dianne_Patterson has worked with ASL data (assuming the tagged account is correct). She might have some knowledge regarding STC with ASL.

1 Like

Yes, this is me ; )
I’ve been using Basil for processing PASL data and I have not run into slice timing in that context.
-Dianne