Spm support in nipype (+connectivity in nilearn)

Hi,

1. According to the nipype documentation:

"The fmri_spm.py integrates several interfaces to perform a first and second level analysis on a two-subject data set. "

Really- only two-subject data? :slight_smile:
May I open a documentation defect in nipype?

1. What are the [important] spm functionalities which arenā€™t supported via the spm interface of nipype?

2. I have some sparse functional connectivity matrices created with nilearn.
    What is the best way to calculate contrasts between conditions for FC in python? (+statistical tests support?)

Thanks!

Even better - you can send a pull request with improvements to the documentation (although Iā€™m not sure how adding more subjects to the example dataset would make the tutorial more informative).

Check out https://nipype.readthedocs.io/en/latest/interfaces/generated/interfaces.spm.html to see whatā€™s supported. The only major piece I can think of that itā€™s not there would be DCM.

1 Like

Regarding Nilearn,
It is not advised to perform statistical tests on sparse covariance models. You should consider using the ā€˜tangentā€™ method in Nilearn to perform further statistical tests on covariance models.

3 Likes

Many thanks!
I can only mark one ā€œsolutionā€, but both of you (@bthirion and @ChrisGorgolewski) helped me a lot!

1 Like