Template_spec AttributeError

Hello,
I’m new to data analysis through fmriprep and am trying to get it running after validating my BIDS directory using the BIDS validator website.

when running the following command:

fmriprep /Users/glhrsqwbyz/Desktop/Projects/fMRI_Cortical_Layers/BIDS_Pilot2 /Users/glhrsqwbyz/Desktop/Projects/fMRI_Cortical_Layers/BIDS_Pilot participant --fs-license-file /Applications/freesurfer/license.txt

I receive the following error:

Process Process-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/glhrsqwbyz/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/multiprocessing/process.py", line 297, in _bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "/Users/glhrsqwbyz/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/multiprocessing/process.py", line 99, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/Users/glhrsqwbyz/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fmriprep/cli/run.py", line 608, in build_workflow
    work_dir=str(work_dir),
  File "/Users/glhrsqwbyz/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fmriprep/workflows/base.py", line 258, in init_fmriprep_wf
    use_syn=use_syn,
  File "/Users/glhrsqwbyz/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fmriprep/workflows/base.py", line 549, in init_single_subject_wf
    skull_strip_template=skull_strip_template,
  File "/Users/glhrsqwbyz/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/smriprep/workflows/anatomical.py", line 230, in init_anat_preproc_wf
    normalization_quality='precise' if not debug else 'testing')
  File "/Users/glhrsqwbyz/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/niworkflows/anat/ants.py", line 180, in init_brain_extraction_wf
    template_spec['suffix'] = template_spec.get('suffix', bids_suffix)
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'

Tried to follow the process of creating the template_spec variable, but did get any insights regarding the problem.

would love it if anyone could help.

thanks!

Can you update both fmriprep and templateflow and try again?

python -m pip install -U "fmriprep==1.4.1rc4" templateflow
1 Like

Thank you! it worked, although it raises a new issue now:

Cannot run fMRIPrep. Missing dependencies:
c3d_affine_tool (Interface: C3dAffineTool)

That means you need to install the C3D conversion tool. What kind of system you are using?

Thank you for the quick response.
I’m using Mac.

I’m guessing this should do -> https://sourceforge.net/projects/c3d/files/c3d/1.0.0/

However, I believe the best option to avoid installation issues is using Docker.

2 Likes

Well’ gave it a try. downloaded both the c3d file and tried setting the docker environment - both unsuccessful.
The “c3d_affine_tool (Interface: C3dAffineTool)” error still appears.
and as for the fmriprep-docker, a “command not found” error comes up (even though I followed the Docker installation instruction)…

When you install fmriprep-docker, you need to be sure that it’s in your path. An alternative is:

python -m fmriprep_docker <args>

This will use Python to find the module and run it. Note the underscore here, as opposed to a hyphen.

1 Like

That works!
Thank you