Trying to run FmriPrep but receive an error

Summary of what happened:

I got an error when running FmriPrep

Command used (and if a helper script was used, a link to the helper script or the command generated):

fmriprep /mnt/d/data/ds005069-download/  /mnt/c/Users/PC/Desktop/fmriprep_test_out/ participant -w  /mnt/c/Users/PC/Desktop/fmriprep_test_work/

Version:

Environment (Docker, Singularity / Apptainer, custom installation):

I install FmriPrep on WSL2 ubuntu 20

Data formatted according to a validatable standard? Please provide the output of the validator:

240531-23:57:17,348 cli WARNING:
         Telemetry disabled because sentry_sdk is not installed.
bids-validator@1.14.6
        1: [WARN] The Authors field of dataset_description.json should contain an array of fields - with one author per field. This was triggered based on the presence of only one author field. Please ignore if all contributors are already properly listed. (code: 102 - TOO_FEW_AUTHORS)

Please visit https://neurostars.org/search?q=TOO_FEW_AUTHORS for existing conversations about this issue.

Summary:                 Available Tasks:        Available Modalities:
        15 Files, 164.9MB        love                    MRI
        1 - Subject              rest
        1 - Session

If you have any questions, please post on https://neurostars.org/tags/bids.

Relevant log outputs (up to 20 lines):

Building fMRIPrep's workflow:
           * BIDS dataset path: /mnt/d/data/ds005069-download.
           * Participant list: ['01'].
           * Run identifier: 20240531-235716_fc2bd40d-2075-4d82-abcd-aec9cb9fdc2d.
           * Output spaces: MNI152NLin2009cAsym:res-native.
           * Pre-run FreeSurfer's SUBJECTS_DIR: /mnt/c/Users/PC/Desktop/fmriprep_test_out/sourcedata/freesurfer.
Process Process-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/process.py", line 315, in _bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/process.py", line 108, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/home/super_brain/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/fmriprep/cli/workflow.py", line 115, in build_workflow
    retval["workflow"] = init_fmriprep_wf()
  File "/home/super_brain/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/fmriprep/workflows/base.py", line 93, in init_fmriprep_wf
    single_subject_wf = init_single_subject_wf(subject_id)
  File "/home/super_brain/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/fmriprep/workflows/base.py", line 365, in init_single_subject_wf
    from sdcflows import fieldmaps as fm
  File "/home/super_brain/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sdcflows/fieldmaps.py", line 96, in <module>
    class FieldmapFile:
  File "/home/super_brain/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sdcflows/fieldmaps.py", line 178, in FieldmapFile
    path = attr.ib(converter=Path, repr=str, on_setattr=attr.setters.NO_OP)
AttributeError: module 'attr' has no attribute 'setters'

The test data is downloade from openneuro:

aws s3 sync --no-sign-request s3://openneuro.org/ds005069 ds005069-download/

I am new to fmriprep and I appreciate if anyone could help me solve this issue. Thank you very much!

Hi @Bill_Lee and welcome to neurostars!

Can you switch to a container interface (Docker or singularity/apptainer) and update to the latest version?

Best,
Steven